Frequently Asked Questions:
I/We have never been 4x4 driving before, can we still join a tagalong trip?
You sure can, people of all skill levels are encouraged to enjoy the adventure of a No Limits Tagalong Tour. Our experienced tour guides will train and assist you in all basic 4x4 operation, recovery and if required, maintenance and repairs. We also provide a range of tour options and locations to cater for various levels of adventure, including Cape York - Old Telegraph Track, Simpson Desert, Gulf of Carpentaria, Northern Territory, and various locations around South East QLD.
Will there be much opportunity for free time to spend fishing, souvenir shopping, sightseeing, etc?
We do have a schedule to stick to, however our tour itineraries are designed to allow ample time for swimming, bird watching, fishing, bushwalking, photography and general relaxation. Where we can we allocate free time or itinerary free days. For example, on our Cape York tour when we reach the top (Seisa) we allocate 2 full days for you to do/go wherever you would like. Some suggested activities include; fishing from the Seisia Jetty, visiting the Jardine River mouth and Mutee Head, exploring the many WW2 relics, catching the ferry to Thursday and Horn Islands or hiring a fishing boat and explore the beautiful calm and clear waters of the Torres Strait.
How far/much do we drive each day?
The amount of driving we do each day will vary from around 40-300km’s depending on the sites we visit and road and track conditions. We aim to be on the road before 0900hrs each day and parked well before sundown so we can enjoy the scenery of our camp. There will be ample time to stop for tea/coffee and lunch breaks, photos and the sites each day.
What equipment and supplies are provided?
Our tours are all inclusive and fully catered. Our tour packages include:
- A Land Rover Perentie 4x4 vehicle fitted with; bulbar, winch, snorkel, UHF, first aid kit, double bed, 30L Waeco fridge, butane gas cooker, cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery, 12v and 240v outlets, awning, shovel, axe, mattock, air compressor, recovery equipment and storage tubs, 2 x jerry cans (diesel and water)
- Fuel (diesel)
- GoPro adventure cameras to record some special memories
- Food and catering (tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert)
- Camping equipment, including; camp table and chairs, camp stretcher (if required),
- National Park entry and camping fees
- Ferry fees (Daintree River and Jardine River)
- Tour costs (Chillagoe Mine and Cooktown Museum)
- Use of fishing equipment (cast net and yabby nets)
- 4x4, camping and fishing tips, assistance and guidance form a Tour Guide with over a decade of experience working as a Parks and Wildlife Ranger in Queensland, South Australia and the Northern Territory
You can also join our tagalong tours in your own vehicle and still enjoy the ease and luxury of a fully catered and inclusive tour. Fuel, GoPro cameras and camping equipment are not provided if you are driving your own vehicle however No Limits 4x4 Hire can supply these at a discounted rate.
What do we need to bring?
The most important thing to pack is a sense of adventure. Don’t worry if you have misplaced yours as you will soon find it on the tour!
As the tours are all inclusive you only need to bring personal items such as:
- Clothes, footwear (preferably enclosed for evenings), hat
- Bedding (Pillow, sheets/sleeping bag)
- Toiletries, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Drinks (Alcohol is fine, however please ensure you check with your guide before purchasing, as some areas have restrictions on strength and quantity)
- Money (A small amount of cash is recommended)
We also recommend you take:
- A camera and spare batteries
- Fishing gear (check with your guide as to what tackle, lures and gear are best suited to the tour location and target species)
- Flora and Fauna field ID guides/books
- iPod, USB, MP3 player (radio reception is limited on much of the area covered on tours)
What happens if I get sick or injured during the trip?
If you become sick on the trip all effort will be made to maintain your comfort and enjoyment. Our Guides are first aid trained (Apply First Aid and Remote Area First Aid) and experienced in emergency management. In the event of an emergency the tour leader carries a Spot Tracker emergency beacon for emergency assistance. All vehicles are also fitted with UHF radios for local radio contact. Please ensure you discuss any medical conditions, allergies, illnesses, injuries or disabilities with your tour guide prior to booking.
What happens If the vehicle I am driving breaks down?
We strongly encourage all customers to purchase adequate travel insurance.
No Limits 4x4 Hire supplied vehicle:
You are supplied with a very reliable and capable ex-army Land Rover Perentie vehicle however, as with any vehicle, breakdowns and accidents can happen. We carry a large quantity of spare parts, tools and equipment. If your vehicle breaks down, we will do everything we can to repair it or tow it to the nearest mechanic. If the vehicle is not repairable within an adequate timeframe, as determined by the tour leader, the tour will have to continue without your party. If you cannot continue on the tour you will be reimbursed the vehicle hire costs for the remaining portion of tour. No Limits 4x4 Hire will also arrange and pay for your accommodation and transport costs to the tours return destination to a maximum of $750.00.
Private vehicle (including a hire vehicle other than a No Limits 4x4 Hire vehicle):
If your vehicle breaks down, we will do everything we can to repair it or tow it to the nearest mechanic. If the vehicle is not repairable within an adequate timeframe, as determined by the tour leader, the tour will have to continue without your party. You will be responsible for all recovery costs and repairs to your vehicle and will not be reimbursed any portion of the tour costs.
What are the camping sites like?
Camping sites will consist of a mixture of bush camping (no facilities), National Park campgrounds with shower and toilet facilities and resort/caravan park camp sites.
Are children welcome?
Yes, children are most welcome, however they must be over the age of 7 to be able to legally ride in the No Limits 4x4 Hire vehicles without a car or booster seat. Car seats/capsules cannot be fitted in the No Limits 4x4 Hire vehicles.
Kids of all ages are welcome if you are joining a tour in your own vehicle.
PLEASE NOTE: The No Limits Land Rover Perentie is best described as a 2-person vehicle, with extra capacity for a third passenger, seven years of age or above.