South East QLD 4X4 Tagalong Tours
2-day (overnight) Bellthorpe and Conondale NP 4x4 Tour
This tour is ideal for beginner-intermediate levels of 4x4 driving experience. There is no experience needed as our guides will assist you every step of the way.
Meet and greet/vehicle induction in Ningi at 08:00am for a 09:00am departure.
Our first stop is for morning tea at Stoney Creek Day Use Area in Bellthorpe NP. From here we continue to Peach Trees, our campsite for the night, on the banks of Yabba Creek in the Jimna State Forest. We take the road less traveled and are treated to some beautiful 4x4 tracks, creeks, rainforests, wildlife and heritage locations, including the Heritage Listed Jimna Fire Tower.
There are optional bush walks departing from our campsite which provide the opportunity to spot Platypus, echidna, kangaroo's and abundant birdlife.
Morning tea, lunch, a camp oven dinner and dessert included
We depart Peach Trees camping area at approximately 09:00am after a hearty cooked breakfast.
This morning we travel through the scenic Conondale National Park with it's lush rainforests, waterfalls and crystal clear creeks. We stop for lunch, and a swim for the more adventurous, at Booloumba Creek Day Use Area, before continuing back to Ningi via Bellthorpe National Park, which provides some more adventurous 4x4 tracks.
We aim to arrive in Ningi at approximately 04:00pm.
A cooked breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
3-day (2-night) Condamine River Tour
What’s included in your South East QLD 4 x 4 Tagalong Tour:
- A fully equipped ex-Army Land Rover Perentie 4x4 vehicle including; double bed, 30L 12v Waeco fridge, crockery and cutlery, camp chairs, table, lighting, annex, 240 volt power inverter and recovery gear)
- Fully catered (breakfast, lunch and dinner, dessert, tea and coffee).
- All National Park entry and camping fees
- The services of a passionate and enthusiastic tour leader with over a decade of experience as a Parks and Wildlife Ranger working across South Australia, the Northern Territory and Queensland
- Tips and assistance on 4x4 driving, camping, campfire cooking and much more
- UHF radio and emergency first aid kits are supplied in all vehicles. Spot tracker emergency beacons are also carried by our experienced and 1st Aid trained tour leaders
- Minor mechanical and electrical repairs
What you need to bring:
- Personal toiletries (please bring environmentally friendly soaps and shampoos)
- Snacks and drinks (Alcohol is welcome)
- Pillow, sheets/sleeping bag
- Camera, binoculars, torch/headlamp
- A sense of adventure
A detailed list of required and recommended personal items will be provided to you in your information pack upon booking.